02 June 2007

June Update

Hi all, it's June. And I don't have any new photos for ya'll this time around. Perhaps, next time. Most everyone has received the invitation to view my latest photo album after our trip into the Gila Wilderness in New Mexico, so I won't bore you further. News of the day is that I no longer work for ADC Telecommunications. I am presently in between assignments and will remain so until September. However, I have volunteered at our church to be a tutor in their summer reading camp. This begins on Monday and will continue for four weeks. Today, I managed to put on my swimsuit and I went swimming and sunbathing at the pool in our apartment complex. With any luck, I plan to repeat this activity several more times! Later this summer, at the end of August, Rick and I are scheduled to fly back to Spencer, Indiana, where we will be supervising the removal of the old roof and the installation of a new roof on our little bungalow home. Other than that, no big plans. Dan calls regularly to give us updates on his work and play out there in big bad Baltimore. He's working very hard and it seems to be satisfying according to his reports. He's also taking time to get out of the office. His last adventure was hiking in the Harper's Ferry National Park which is about one hour west of him on the border between Maryland and West Virginia along the headwaters of the Potomac. It's very nice to talk to him and to learn that he's enjoying himself.

No comments: