08 July 2007

Summer Reading Camp 2007




Well, the past month was loads of fun! And the good news is that I may have the opportunity to continue tutoring the young lady above in reading. We hit it off really well and her mother is hoping to continue, now that there is some momentum.
How could I not? I love to share my joy of reading. I have made many new friends through this volunteer effort at St. Marks's and perhaps some gainful employment opportunities may be generated? Time will tell.
Otherwise, it's July, which in El Paso means hot weather. However, since Amy declares that monsoon season has hit Tucson, it's can't be far behind for us! I wish I had some interesting news to write about. Unless you want me to expound upon the styles and methods of teaching first graders their short vowels (and the short vowel song too, don't you know!) then I'll just let you all know that we are fine for now.
I am happily catching up on numerous unfinished projects. Both Rick and I are looking forward to when the temperatures moderate (downward) so that we can resume our evening walks and other outdoor activities. Until then, or until something fascinating happens to me or near me.

1 comment:

wears thai pants said...

thanks for the pictures! Also got your card in the mail just recently :) Hope the monsoon reaches you soon!!