05 November 2007

Patsy on Crazy PJs day at Bridges Academy

Hi all,
The last week of October was designated as "Drug Awareness Week" and we (my current employer is a private school--Bridges Academy) celebrated it all week long. The concluding Friday was Crazy PJ Day. What fun!!!
Don't you just love "Happy Bunny"? It really IS "all about ME." He he he
Well, it's November. I never did get to carve my pumpkin. Just the same, I'm keeping it on my diningroom table to fulfill my Harvest Decoration requirement.
My Algebra students are doing well. Their homeroom has been split up to minimize the herd mentality (clique) that was beginning to interfere with all of our teaching. Each of the ninth graders has been reassigned to a new homeroom with a younger grade. The parents were reminded that their children were invited back for their ninth grade year as a special favor. (Normally, they would have graduated after eight grade). And that disrespectful and/or time-wasting behavior would not be tolerated. Today I changed the seating arrangement in my class; behavior was greatly improved. What a relief!

I am also keeping busy at church. Did you know that I've been singing with the Music Worship team? At the fewest we are a duet (myself and our music director, Vanessa); at most we are six voices and Vanessa at the keyboard. She and I are collaborating on song arrangements. My participation is to sing a harmonious alto part to fit with whatever delightful piano accompaniment Vanessa generates. Boy, getting to use my creativity has been satisfying.

Rick and I have been invited to join Vanessa and her husband (and his parents) for Thanksgiving this year. We both agree that more is better. Turkey For Two just doesn't cut it!

If you want economic and/or political opinions, may I direct you to Paul's blog. I just don't have the energy to enter into a debate herein. I'd get on a Rant and never get off!! But I can report that son, Dan, is fine. Still hanging out in Baltimore, Maryland. He's dating a new young lady.
We know very little about her other than she is a good cook and likes to travel and she and her family are from New Jersey. On the job front: Dan occasionally complains about the incredible lack of motivation among government contractors. It seems like he is hanging on to his high standards despite the challenges he encounters on a daily basis.

So, dear brother, I hope this chases away the "spiders in the blogbox" satisfactorily??? This was written on the fly, not composed and edited and inserted. Take it or leave it . I'll take more photographs, I promise.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Thank you! The purge of the spiders is complete! SOunds ike an interesting time!