07 November 2007

Wednesday is "hump day"

I brought V-8 juice, yogurt, and a banana to eat for lunch today. I'm trying to be good! And what happens? It's Antonio's birthday. We are all to sing to him at 10 o'clock break. His parents show up and Mom distributes piping hot fresh Krispy Kreme donuts to all! Yikes.

The director of our school made an appearance in my classroom this morning with the pronouncement that it would be a really good idea if all the students would remember to ask for extra help and to take advantage of my availability. And to get into the habit of doing this now and in the future... It's a good thing.

This morning the Bridges Academy Director of Development, Ms. Ruby, cornered me for confirmation that I am, indeed, a singer... and would I be interested in participating in some of the musical programs for the holidays? You bet I would! It would be an honor and a privilege. I 'll keep you posted; more news as it happens.

I am studying this afternoon the material we will be using this weekend at the UMC Lay Speakers Training up in Las Cruces. Did I mention this in my last post? Did I also say that I am the worst procrastinator when it comes to homework? Well, as long as I am upstairs with the computer on, I'd best type up and print out my next two quizzes and then head back downstairs to read.

1 comment:

wears thai pants said...

Gasp! I'm so behind! Got your phone message BTW, will be on the lookout. Other than that...you're a layspeaker? Where was Dan for turkey day? Why on earth don't I work at a place that lets you wear pjs for a day??!!