12 January 2008

December and January updates

Hi all, Here is the first photo I found when browsing for something to add to this entry. It's a photo of
our diningroom table with our Christmas tree and the Christmas gift basket I eventually sent off to Dan in Baltimore: filled with goodies!
We did not put up a proper tree here in Texas because we flew to Indiana ON Christmas Day!
Home again to the land of warm sunshine... it's January. I'm back to work at Bridges Academy. The students are doing surprisingly well; why did I fret so much about it over the holiday? heaven only knows.
Dittos for the kiddos in Afterschool Care at St. Mark's (my afternoon job). Two weeks in the life of a three year old can bring significant changes and growth.
Other miscellaneous news: I am enrolled in a pottery/ceramics/wheel throwing clay class at the Art Museum: it will meet for the next seven Sundays; hopefully if I can make something worthy, then I will photograph it to share with you!
Anybody have any good New Year's resolutions to share? I normally don't make any "real" ones. But my intention of late is to persevere with my weight loss. Twentyfive down and, oh, maybe another twentyfive to go? Baby steps; I'll be delighted if I can bring it down another ten by the time my birthday rolls around in May. Sigh. But ya gotta love those baggy pants that must be permanently retired from working inventory.
Dan says he's plannng on a vacation trip to the Domincan Republic at the end of February. How cool is that? The Fodor's manual I checked out from the Library say's the island of Hispaniola is filled with white sandy beaches; works for me! And, oh yeah, they like baseball there. Alot.
No political comments this time around. Check back after Super Tuesday in February. It's going to be a very interesting year; no doubt about that.

No comments: