01 March 2008

Completed Pottery -- wooo hoo!


Ten pieces completed. Some of the pots are nice. Some of the glazes are nice. The tallest is roughly five inches. The smallest will be perfect for paperclips. I'm pleased. What do you think?? Mission Accomplished in El Paso.

The goal of this class was to teach us how to throw cylinders. I succeeded in this regard. My personal goal was just to be able to center the darn things! Yep. Can do. Beyond that, was to come home with pretty items. And... I learned that I really like to paint things. If money were no object, I'd have a studio with a fancy wheel and a powerful kiln, an unlimited supply of good clay, and a rainbow of glazes. I know that this is pure fantasy; but we all should be able to dream a little, no?

2 comments:

Paul said...

Well Done!

I took ceramics in high school and failed to create anything more than one ashtray! I had made two ashtrays, one exploded in the kiln, the other now sits on my bookshelf collecting dust and foreign coins.

Kate said...

Your pots are wonderful, Pat! I love the colours, the decoration, and the shapes. Can you do more somewhere?