30 April 2008

Mayday Mayday

Oh, okay, so I lied. It's still April 30th. And no photos tonight. Sorry. This month blew by in part because of Spring Break. I did visit Dan in Baltimore and we had a great time!!! We even attended the very first (exhibition) game played in the new Washington Nationals baseball Park. And now I am winding down the school year. My ninth graders climbed up (unsafely, I might add) on a rolling chair to write "only 12 more days of school for the 9th graders" on the chalk board. They promised to keep it updated. Teachers and students alike are eager for the year to be over. My teacher/parent conferences are about done. And El Paso is in the midst of it's seasonal dust storm season wherein visibility is reduced to less than a mile and you can't see the mountains because the blowing sand is obliterating the view. It gets in your car, your apartment, your hair, your teeth and the wind blows across the top of the chimney and makes a generally spooky woo wooing howl.
Yeah, it's like that. What's new with everyone else? Anybody reading anything of consequence? I am reading the latest by Daniel Quinn; any of his are well worth the effort. (hint hint). Rick and I have been working hard at fundraising for our upcoming Mission trip to Hungary in late June; thanks to all who are supporting this. S'later. Patsy

No comments: