11 August 2008

Road Trip!


Hi all, And here's Cactus Pat!
Yep, last weekend, my friend Vanessa and I drove from El Paso to Tucson to visit Amy and Jon. And to pick up a couple of boxes of "stuff" from HQ. We had a really nice visit. Both Vanessa and I wanted to do the typical tourist things which included a visit to the Saguaro National Forest. Very cool.
No, actually, it was pretty dang hot out there! Then we went to the movies and saw Hellboy 2. Then we went out to eat: Mexican food, por su puesto. At La Parilla Suiza which according to the menu is food prepared in the Mexico City style. It was excellent. And Jon paid the eight piece Mariachi band to play "Los Colores". It was a fantastic day.
Now, I'm home again and getting myself organized and mentally prepared for school to start again. We'll have two days of Teacher In-service on Thursday and Friday. Then we have three days for last minute preparation. Students return on the 21st. Whee!

No comments: