09 April 2009

Opening Day! Openng Week! Yi haa

Goodbye basketball season, hello baseball! For those who don't already know, I am following the lead of our son, Dan, in rooting for the Boston Red Sox. They gave a pitiful performance last night, but oh well. It was wonderful to plotz upon the couch with a bag of popcorn and just watch the game. Well, I did keep my fingers busy with knitting. And have you heard? Knitting is now the rage (again); they say it keeps the mind active and staves off general mental deterioration. Duh. And what with my huge cache of yarn, and the fact that we are relocating to a place with cold winters, it wouldn't harm us to have a couple of extra thick neck scarves on hand. So knit away!

I took myself to the movies this afternoon to see "The Wrestler". Mickey Rourke's performance was extraordinary. I can't say I enjoyed the film because of its subject matter but it was well directed. I sure as heck am glad I don't live in New Jersey! Yikes.


The world sure seems to be all topsy-turvy: Somali pirates, angry people shooting others out of confusion and despair, earthquakes, violent Mexican drug cartel battles, unemployment, bankruptcy, bank & credit crises, Spring blizzards, PTSD, foreclosures, flooding, the wacky Octomom, tornadoes, terrorist suicide bombs, partisan politics, North Korean ICBM launches, d'ya think there might be any good news out there??? The latest prescription to fight depression is: Get a Dog. Sure. Oh, I'd better stop here before I spin out of orbit with the whats and the what ifs. Besides it is Easter weekend and there is a better approach to all of this craziness. God bless you all.

2 comments:

Kat said...

I just discovered your blog 'cuz I had searched Mokona Modoki's quote, "Swing, swing, I'm just like a balloon! Blow, wind, blow! And blow some more!".
Aww, that kitty is cute! :D

Kat said...

Swing, swing, I'm just like a balloon! Blow, wind, blow! And blow some more!" That's how I found this blog!
That cat is soo cute! ^_^