02 October 2009

Fall is here

Hi all, it's a lovely Friday. The sun is shining but the wind is blowing. It's cold out. The wind is blowing the clouds across the sky; it's swell just to watch. Tonight we are packing for our trip to Washington D.C. where we will be visiting Dan!! Hopefully the weather will be reasonable in D.C. since Dan says he has many places he wants to show us and a lot of walking in this itinerary.

Other news: I've been invited to join the Grace Methodist Church Vesper Handbell Choir. No, I have never played handbells. I've attended two rehearsals so far and it is going to be fantastic fun! I will be playing the tenor (inside voices): G-flat, G, G#/A-flat, A, and A# notes. Not too many G-flats, thank goodness, so essentially four bells. I hope to do more research to help me understand the correct method for playing. Meantime my sight-reading, counting, and musical skills are being challenged. And I love it.

Also, I have begun as a Reading Mentor in my friend, Karen's, third-grade classroom. She has invited me to come once a week on Wednesday morning's to read with whatever students she feels need extra attention. It seems as if I have managed to schedule something interesting in every possible day of the week, and hour of the day: two part-time jobs, two extra-curricular activities, plus keeping our house humming. House-s. We still are keeping our little place down in Spencer. As soon as we return from seeing Dan, we'll have more winterizing to do down there.

No comments: